I think you'll agree: Our Ortoha cooks do some pretty incredible work! We are so blessed to have such talented, dedicated individuals serving our campers and staff each year. Now it's our turn to treat them, instead!
Our cooks have worked up a "wish list" of items that could either be replaced, fixed or added to Ortoha's inventory. You might have a few of these items laying around the house awaiting your next Goodwill trip. Will you instead consider donating them to Ortoha? Another option is to make a monetary donation to help cover the cost an item listed below. The bottom-most section outlines areas where Ortoha could use a gift of time or talent. Whatever you are able to contribute, our cooks (and ultimately, our campers!) would greatly appreciate it!
Please coordinate with Billi Kuhlmann if you have items or talents to donate! 509-485-6653
- Drying racks
- A sturdy kitchen food scale (mechanical or battery operated)
- Electric knife sharpener which can be pre-set to sharpen knives at the correct angle
- Meat cleaver
- Turkey baster
- Overhead hooks above the island to hang pots and pans (We are suggesting a 1/2” pipe with “S” hooks)
- Replacement liners for the shelves
- Replace wheels on the kitchen cart, or better yet, replace with a stainless cart (Home Depot)
- Convection oven
- The backside of the walk-in cooler has a lot of wasted space. A shelf could be added to the top and a 2nd and 3rd shelf to the sides. This would create more usable space.
- Leveling cement under the freezer and refrigerator to save the wear and tear due to unevenness.
- Repair kitchen half door (the lower hinge is broken).
- Mouse-proof doors on the red counters for cleanliness.
- A way to corral brooms just inside the pantry door to the right to prevent accidental tripping.